Dear valued guest,
In this time of uncertainty with the progression of the COVID-19 outbreak, the Atheneum Suite Hotel assures you that your safety and comfort remain our highest priority. We are grateful for the trust our guests have shown us over the past 28 years. Our team is closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), local health department updates and following their recommendations on the appropriate health and safety measures daily. Our thoughts are with those who are affected by this virus and those who are caring for them.
Please find below an update on what we are doing to ensure your well-being and safety when you stay with us.
We Clean. We Care. We Welcome.
We have stepped up precautionary measures at our hotel as the safety of our guests and employees is paramount to us. We take the utmost care to ensure every stay with us is safe, clean and comfortable.
We clean our hotel to ensure safety and comfort for our guests. Our measures include:
- Hand sanitizers placed at guest contact areas, such as hotel lobby, front door, elevators, meeting spaces and fitness center
- Complimentary disinfectant wipes, masks and disposable gloves placed in each guest room for our guests' personal use (subject to availability)
- Rigorous cleaning and sanitization of guest rooms.
- Masks worn by all staff
- Frequent sanitization and cleaning of high-contact points, such as elevator buttons, door handles, reception counters, bathrooms and meeting rooms.
- Frequent sanitization and cleaning all public spaces
- Partitions installed at the front desk to prevent the spread of germs
- Daily temperature checks with infrared thermometers conducted of staff prior to shifts and sending any staff member demonstrating a high temperature or signs of illness home
- Encouraging staff members to stay home if feeling unwell
- Infrared thermometers available at front desk to conduct temperature checks of our guests by request
- Signage installed to promote physical distancing at check in/out desks, lobby area and elevators
- Signage installed to promote frequent hand washing and avoidance of touching your face
- Fitness center: frequent closures throughout the day for cleaning, reduced number of guests allowed in at one time to ensure social distancing measures are followed
- Reduced number of guests allowed in elevator at one time
- Daily check list to ensure proper cleaning and sanitization for each position in the hotel
- Regular training of our employees ensuring proper hand hygiene and awareness of COVID-19. This is vital to help combat the spread of viruses and the health of our employees and guests.
We care for our guests and employees by introducing additional measures to safeguard their wellbeing. Our employees have been briefed on the guidelines provided by the CDC and local health authorities. They are ready to render assistance to any guest that may feel unwell.
Our staff is in constant communication with the relevant health and travel authorities to keep our guests and employees updated and to advise them on appropriate measures to observe.
We welcome our guests into our hotels with the same warmth and hospitality we have always done. While the COVID-19 outbreak is a constantly changing and fluid situation, we are committed to keeping you informed and to care for you as a valued Atheneum Suite Hotel guest, as we have done for decades.
Flexibility on your travel plans.
- All Atheneum Suite Hotel will allow guests who have made bookings for stays before June 30, 2020, to modify their reservations free of charge or receive a full refund for cancellation, where applicable. This is valid for bookings made directly with the hotel, from our brand website (www.atheneumsuites.com) or via our call center. Please contact the hotel directly to modify or cancel your reservations.
- For bookings made through a travel intermediary (e.g. travel agents, OTAs), please contact your booking provider for assistance.
- For new reservations, we recognize the need for flexibility in your travel plans as well. Our flexible rates and special rates will now allow you to cancel up to 24 hours prior to your arrival. This is valid for bookings made directly with the hotel or from our brand website (www.atheneumsuites.com).
- All Atheneum Suite Hotel will allow groups who have made bookings for stays before June 30, 2020, to modify their reservations free of charge.
- The Atheneum recognizes that planning travel is difficult during these times. We are committed to serving our clients and guests in the best way possible. Our sales team will remain flexible and work with those that encounter cancellations related to COVID-19 issues on a case by case basis.